Cleveland, OH, October 29, 2004 – The Chiperator™ Chip and Coolant Separation System brings new life to old coolant filled with chips from machine sumps, tanks and parts washers. The air-driven Chiperator quickly vacuums and filters old cutting fluids loaded with chips out of machine tool sumps into a 55-gallon drum, separates the chips from the coolant, and then returns clean, filtered coolant to the machine sump. The whole operation takes less than two minutes.
Operators simply suck up coolant laden with chips, swarf and muck, and the Chiperator strains the unwanted solids. The Chiperator then pumps the strained coolant back to the sump. When the optional Abanaki Mighty Mini® oil skimmer is attached, the coolant returned will also be cleansed of tramp oils as part of the same operation. Chiperator is a dramatic improvement over similar systems that are slower, harder to maintain and not able to effectively clean and filter as effectively Key features include:
- Strains 40 gallons of chips and coolant per minute
- Efficient venturi design consumes less air than competitive models
- Acts as both a vacuum and a pump
- Economical, disposable filter bags make cleanup a breeze
- Filters out chips and shavings from plastic, steel, aluminum, ceramic, etc.
- Quiet; less noise than other air driven or electrical units
- No moving parts
- Equipped with float valve to automatically shut off unit when drum is full
- Equipped with automatic pressure relief valve for added safety
- Complete with on/off valve for easy shutoff
For more information about the Chiperator
or other Abanaki products, contact us at (440) 543-7400 or (800) 358-SKIM (7546), or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
. See the full-line of Abanaki products and services online at www.abanaki.com
. About Abanaki Corporation
. Abanaki, the world leader in oil skimmer products, manufactures a wide range of products to remove oils, greases, solvents, and related hydrocarbons from water. Skimmer models are available with removal rates ranging from 1 to 200 gallons per hour in both stationary and portable systems. Use of Abanaki equipment often allows water and oil to be recycled, thus avoiding contingent liabilities and costs associated with disposal. Besides off-the-shelf oil and grease skimmers, Abanaki supplies custom designed (turnkey) pollution control systems for a wide variety of applications. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Abanaki has served a global customer base in industries as diverse as iron and steel, wastewater, paper, food processing, automotive, environmental remediation, and recycling for more than 30 years.